Apple online store has finally gone live in India.Users can finally buy genuine Apple products from the store. Apple’s change of strategy towards India began several months ago with the much-awaited customization of MacBooks. Now, with the the launch of its online Apple Store in the country today, the company has reinforced this commitment. Moving forward, customers can seek trade-ins, student discounts and finance options besides the luxury of direct customer support from the company. Apple says, the company would ship all orders within 24 to 72 hours though we found that some devices like MacBooks showed longer shipping.
- Apple online store has finally gone live in India.
- Apple always sold its products through e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Flipkart but never had a platform of its own.
- Apple online store will have all the Apple products including the MacBooks, iPad series, Apple Watch and iPhones.
Apple had been selling its products in India via channel partners and offline retailers since they arrived back in 2007 with the iPhone. The company also sold through the eCommerce platforms such as Amazon and Flipkart.
- The Apple online retail store as the name suggests has all the Apple products including the MacBooks, iPad series, Apple Watch, Apple AirPods family, HomePod smart speaker. It has already featured the iPad Air 4 and iPad 8th generation on the website that is likely to arrive in India in October. The Apple store also has the latest iPhones including iPhone 11 Pro, Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone SE, and the iPhone XR. The store does not have the stock of the older iPhones such as the iPhone 7, iPhone 8, or the iPhone X series
- Apple will also provide the option for users to trade in their old iPhone for the new one.There is no automatic price discount on products compared to eCommerce platforms. But Apple Store might come up with some discounts once the festival season kicks in next month.
- Apple is providing education, student discount of up to 23,990 on a new MacBook, up to Rs 7,445 on a new iPad.It is important to note that the education discounts for current and newly accepted university students, or their parents buying Apple products for university students along with teachers and staff at all levels. However, the discount will be provided only after you are able to furnish proper details.
- Apple online store will provide the option to consumers to buy customized versions of iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and other Mac devices.
In case you happen to be swiping an HDFC Bank credit card, there’s a 6% cash back (of up to Rs.10,000) on the card value, which should at least be worth Rs.20,900. This offer continues from now till October 16 and we expect some more good deals that time of the year to coincide with Dussehra and later Diwali.
Apple is also setting up free “Today at Apple” sessions where local professionals will provide lessons in photography and music.